It’s the final round of the Hyundai A-League season this week so we look at all the outcomes and what’s on the line for City heading into the first week of the Finals Series.
Three teams will be vying for a home final during the final round with positions three to five still on the line in the final Round.
City take on fifth placed Perth Glory in Round 26 of the competition with a point against the Glory securing a home final in the race for the Championship.
With Michael Valkanis’ side looking to finish as high as possible and an Asian Champions League playoff spot on the line, the equation is simple for Sunday.
City finish third if:
- They defeat Perth.
- They draw with Perth and Brisbane lose or draw to Wellington.
- They lose to Perth and Brisbane lose to Wellington.
City finish fourth if:
- They draw with Perth and Brisbane defeat Wellington.
- They lose to Perth by less than four goals and Brisbane draw or defeat Wellington.
- They lose to Perth by more than four goals and Brisbane lose to Wellington by more than three goals.
City finish fifth if:
- They lose to Perth by more than four goals and Brisbane draw or defeat Wellington.