Melbourne Heart FC is poised to equal the club’s longest undefeated streak if it can secure a result during this weekend’s match at Bluetongue Stadium.
Melbourne Heart FC is poised to equal the club-s longest undefeated streak if it can secure a result during this weekend-s match at Bluetongue Stadium.
After falling to defeat during the opening two matches of the campaign, Heart has since avoided defeat for the last five matches, commencing a steady climb up the Hyundai A-League table which saw the club occupy third spot for a period last weekend.
The current club record of six matches was set between October 8 and November 10 last year, featuring wins over Melbourne Victory, Newcastle Jets and the now defunct North Queensland Fury, ultimately coming to an end at the hands of the all conquering Brisbane Roar.
A victory meanwhile will see Heart equal another club record of most wins in a row, which currently stands at three and was set between December 23 and January 2 after the side clinched the three points in matches against Sydney FC, Adelaide United and North Queensland Fury.
Heart By The Numbers
• Leading scorer – Mate Dugandzic (3)
• Most assists – Matt Thompson (2)
• Most minutes played – Michael Marrone (630)
• Most completed passes – Matt Thompson (213)
• Scoring first counts – Both Heart and the Mariners have only lost twice during matches where they scored first since the start of last season
• The Central Coast Mariners have scored in each of the club-s previous three meetings
• Daniel McBreen is the leading scorer in fixtures between the two clubs, with two
• The attendance record for matches between Melbourne Heart FC and the Central Coast Mariners is 11,050, set during the Red and White-s first ever Hyundai A-League match