Get your tickets for Harry Kewell’s farewell match at AAMI Park this Saturday.
Get your tickets for Melbourne Heart FC Captain Harry Kewell’s farewell match at AAMI Park this Saturday.
Kewell, 35, announced his retirement from professional football two weeks ago and will play his final ever game this Saturday against the Western Sydney Wanderers.
Melbourne Heart-s final regular season match of 2014 will draw the curtain on a career that has made Kewell arguably the best and most influential footballer in Australia-s history.
In a professional career that has spanned nearly 20 years, Kewell has captured the public-s imagination and inspired debate like few other sportspeople.
• Winner: 2005 UEFA Champions League with Liverpool FC
• Winner: 2006 FA Cup with Liverpool FC
• Winner: 2006 UEFA Super Cup with Liverpool FC
• Runner-Up: 2007 UEFA Champions League with Liverpool FC
• 60 International Matches for Australia, including 19 goals
• Youngest ever debutante for the Socceroos in 1996 at 17 years, 7 months;
• Appearances at the 2006 and 2010 FIFA World Cup
• 2000 PFA Premiership Young Player of the Year & PFA Team of the Year
• EPL debut for Leeds United in 1996 as a 17 year old
• Three-time Oceania Footballer of the Year
• Member of the Executive of the PFA from 2002 to 2006
• PFA Harry Kewell Medal: Awarded to Australia-s Young Player of the Year
DOB: 22 September 1978 (age 35)
Place of birth: Smithfield, Sydney, Australia
Position: Attacking Midfielder/Striker
Clubs (Appearances, Goals): Leeds United (181, 45), Liverpool (93, 12), Galatasaray (63, 22), Melbourne Victory 25, 8), Al-Gharafa (3,1), Melbourne Heart FC (14, 2)
Get down to AAMI Park on Saturday to farewell a legend. Click here to get your tickets.