We are now hiring experienced coaches to work in our very own youth development program.
Apply now for an opportunity to coach in the Melbourne City Football School and be part of our Club’s unique academy pathway.
Job Description – Melbourne City Football School Coaches
- Connect, develop and educate young players the CFG philosophies and methodology.
- Global approach in local community
- Innovative deliveries to grow and develop the Melbourne City Football School
We are looking for coaches to deliver an enjoyable, exciting, dynamic, challenging, educational and fun coaching sessions to 5-14 year old players on a weekly basis using the PLAY methodology developed within the City Football Group. These positions are offered on a casual basis.
Based in the South East, we require the postholders to deliver high quality sessions within the Melbourne City Football School weekly program and school holiday programs, deliver sessions at affiliate clubs and schools with a willingness to assist in coaching roles for other parts of the club such as community and academy.
- Connect and develop young players
- Ensure City Football Group coaching philosophies, methodology and principles are incorporated into the delivery of the program
- Ensure the sessions delivered are enjoyable, exciting, dynamic, challenging, educational and fun by using a variety of teaching and coaching techniques
- Be able to comfortably deliver quality coaching sessions to players aged between 5-14.
- Be able to comfortably deliver quality coaching sessions across multiple skill levels from players new to the game to elite young players.
- Educate both players and parents on the football delivery and development
- Devise and review content on weekly and term basis, following a long- term development plan
- Work with the program coordinator to ensure sessions are safe, follow COVID-19-Safe plans, and ensure facilities and equipment are at an acceptable level.
- Work with the program coordinator to track attendance, update bookings or communicate updates to parents.
- Work with the program coordinator to grow new and current locations within the Melbourne City Football School.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders including venues, parents, and other staff
- Manage and communicate professionally with existing and new customers
- Communicate and educate players, coaches and partners in the understanding and delivery of a City Football program
- Communicate in a variety of settings such as informal, formal, individual or groups
- Educate both players and parents on competitive football delivery and development
Business / Strategic
- Understand each age group, always acting pro-actively
- Manage sessions numbers, ensuring quality v quantity is measured
- Ensure high retention rates and how it is key to the success for the Football School
- Suggest and implement new ways to attract customers and create growth
What we need from you
- Must hold FFA Coaching accreditation (c level as a minimum) – B preferred.
- Ability to develop and manage young athletes
- Knowledge of youth coaching and youth football (in Victoria preferred)
- Intermediate computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Keynote
- Deep and demonstrable understanding of the tactical, technical and physical requirements of modern football
- Must have current WWCC and Police Checks
- Flexible with a willingness to work weekends where applicable This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation who offers great incentives for staff in an elite sporting environment.
Please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications close on Thursday 20 January 2022, with only shortlisted candidates with current Australian work rights to be contacted.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, appointment to this post is subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks.
|This appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates.|
|We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the respective country.|