- Elite professional sporting environment in a global organisation
- Fun, supportive & proficient performance team.
- Empowering and engaging workplace
Are you high motivated, have a passion for sport and the development of professional athletes – then we need you to bring your expertise to Melbourne City FC. We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual with leadership qualities, an understanding of the fast paced environment of professional sport and a reputation for delivering high quality work.
Who are we?
Melbourne City FC part of a Global Football business, City Football Group, we competes in the major Australian domestic football competition, the A-Leagues.
Our ambition is to develop the best footballing talent on the pitch and the best football work off the pitch. We are committed to growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
City Football Group consists of 11 football clubs and is the fastest growing sporting organisation in the world. Manchester City – City Football Group’s largest club – has been named as the most innovative sports team worldwide by Sports Innovation Lab, a research and market intelligence firm.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
The role of Sports Scientist / Strength and Conditioning Coach is to deliver the day to day and long-term physical development of the clubs playing groups. This predominantly relates to the professional players within the First Team A-League competition with some oversight and leadership for sport science coordinators delivering programs for the academy players.
- Design, prescription, delivery of, and development of the individualised strength and power programs for the First Team A-League playing group. This may extend to identified players from the NYL/NPL who are invited to participate in A-league training sessions by the senior coaching team
- Supervision and coaching of all team gym-based sessions;
- Prescription and oversight of the speed development for individual players;
- Oversight of Data Analysis for the A-League program;
- Development of the monitoring systems within the Melbourne City Football Club;
- Produce data reports on day to day training outcomes;
- Develop physical training programs based on current research, trends and design specific to the requirements of football;
- Understand and consider the overall training program of the A-League and academy teams so that physical development is delivered in accordance with the individual and team-based training needs;
- Review monitoring variables and ensure awareness of current trends in GPS, wellness and other monitoring systems;
- Assist in advice on nutritional requirements for the A-League playing group including management for distribution of vitamins and protein;
- Ensure wellness is completed and produce a report for the human performance morning meeting;
- Assist in pre-activation or on pitch training sessions when necessary;
- Distribute GPS and provide real time feedback during training when necessary;
- Collect RPE’s and hydration samples for the A-League players when necessary;
- Produce a sports science report encompassing wellness, RPE, and GPS data;
- Assist in the analysis and reporting of screening and testing data; and
- Maintain records of all player strengthening programs and specific sessions.
Skills and Experience & Personal Attributes
- Degree in Sports Science
- Registration with ESSA and ASCA level 2
- Experience at an elite sporting club in similar role
- High level of Strength and conditioning coaching skills
- Analytical and statistical skills
- IT skills, analytical and precise
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Self motivated team player with positive influence on others.
In return, we provide you with:
- Salary Range $70K-$80K
- Free onsite parking
- Club Memberships
- Reward & Recognition
- Deals and discounts with corporate sponsors
- Fun and supportive team culture
- Exciting new Academy and Admin offices in 2022
If you feel you meet this brief, then we want to speak to you! Please send your covering letter and resume to Susan Mills, Head of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on Tuesday 9 November, 2021, with only shortlisted candidates to be contacted.
The City Football Group is fully committed to safeguarding children and other vulnerable people across our business. As such, this appointment will be subject to Safer Recruitment processes including satisfactory criminal record and other background checks. City Football Group promotes equal opportunities in employment we positively welcome applications from all candidates.
We will screen all applicants and select candidates whose skills and experience seem to meet our needs. We will carefully consider your application during the initial screening and will contact you only if you are selected for an interview. Employment is subject to the provision of proof of eligibility to work in the respective country.