It’s a Christmas Double Header at AAMI Park! We’re back at home this Saturday as our W-League side takes on Canberra United before our A-League boys do battle in the Melbourne Derby.
With exciting pre-match activities going at City Square, there’s plenty happening around the AAMI Park concourse to keep the whole family entertained in the lead up to kick-off.
Don’t have your tickets yet? Click here to secure your seat to two exciting matches of football – we look forward to welcoming you to AAMI Park.
An action-packed City Square!
But first, all the action begins at City Square! Head down to Gosch’s Paddock from 4:30pm – 7pm and countdown to kick-off in the company of your family, friends and fellow City fans.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to ground works, City Square will be moved to the east side of Gosch’s Paddock.
Challenge your mates to a game of FIFA 19 on our giant LED screen, relax at our chill out zone, or head to our Stomping Ground Brewery pop-up bar to enjoy a limited-edition City Pale ale in the lead up to kick-off.
Kids can emulate their City heroes at our small sided matches and show their skills at our City inflatables, while there will be plenty of food, activities and giveaways to keep you entertained before the big match.
City Square Details
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI Park)
When: 4:30pm – 7:30pm, Friday 9 November
- Challenge your mates to FIFA 18 on our giant LED Screen
- Enjoy a limited-edition City Pale Ale at the Stomping Ground Brewery pop-up bar (18+ only).
- Test your kicking speed at the Macca’s Golden Goal for your chance to kick for a $100 McCafe voucher at half-time.
- Free-face painting, small sided matches and inflatables
* All patrons at the Stomping Ground pop-up bar must be 18+ and show a valid ID.
Buy a ball and we’ll donate one too!
Christmas time is here and we’re giving the gift of football to those in need.
With every soccer ball purchased from the City Shop at the Melbourne Derby on Saturday, we’ll donate a ball to City in the Community projects run in Melbourne.
Show off your skills with our size five Melbourne City supporter ball or own a slice of history by purchasing our limited-edition W-League ‘Threepeat’ ball.
Visit the City Shop on the AAMI Park concourse or our merchandise outlets at Aisle’s 4 and 24 inside the stadium on match day.
$700,000. Six causes. You decide.
Saturday will be your last chance to cast your vote for our very own ‘I Speak Football’ project and visit our Cityzens Giving voting box at Gates 2, 7 and at City Square.
Alternatively, click below to place your vote today.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public Transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park for Saturday’s double header, with extra services running to and from AAMI Park on match day.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Passengers traveling from the city can board Tram Route 70 to Wattle Park from Flinders Street Station to Stop 7D – AAMI Park. Passengers using Southern Cross Station can connect with Route 48 trams on Collins Street.
- Bus Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street, which is close to AAMI Park.
Check the live travel updates page for notification of anything that may affect your journey to and from the event.
Plan your journey using journey planner.
If you prefer the comfort of driving, public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park is back open, at a cost of $20 if you pre-book, or $30 on the day. Click here to book your parking now.
Parking will also be available at Gate 3 within Yarra Park for a cost of $10 per vehicle. Click here for more information on where to park on match day.
Kick start your summer with a Derby+4 membership
Want to secure your seat to the Christmas Derby? Our Derby+4 membership is perfect for you.
Sign up today and get a reserved seat to the Derby and all our January home fixtures at AAMI Park.
Click here to browse our membership packages today.