It’s our final home match of the season! AAMI Park will be hosting an evening full of activities when Melbourne City take on Adelaide United on Friday night. Find out everything you need to know about match day right here.
Countdown to kick-off with family and friends at our dedicated pre-match fan zone, City Square, from 5:30pm-7:30pm.
It’s the best way to warm up to kick-off against the Reds in the company of your family, friends and fellow City fans.
Sit back and relax on and enjoy some live entertainment from DJ Emil Sinclair , while kids can emulate their City heroes at our small sided matches.
There’s plenty of food, free face-painting, City inflatables and giveaways, so head down to City Square and enjoy a relaxing and family-friendly atmosphere in the lead up to our final home match of the season.
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5:30pm – 7.30pm, Friday 7 April
- Live entertainment from DJ Emil Sinclair
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, free face-painting, inflatables and small-sided games.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.
- FareShare activation – donate unopened packets of rice and pasta to our volunteers at City Square or on the stadium concourse.
Melbourne City and charity partner FareShare will be encouraging fans to make donations of the carbohydrate variety at the Club’s final A-League home match on April 7.
The Club is calling on its members and fans to bring unopened packets of rice and pasta to AAMI Park on match day, or to make a donation to FareShare volunteers who will be stationed on the stadium concourse and at City Square on match day.
Together we hope we can reach FareShare’s goal of ONE TONNE of rice and pasta!
For every $15 FareShare receives, the charity kitchen can prepare 20 nutritious meals for people in crisis.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public Transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
Please check the live travel updates page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
If you’re travelling to AAMI Park by train, tram or bus, visit PTV and plan your journey today.
Public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park is back open, at a cost of $20 if you pre-book, or $30 on the day. Click here to book your parking now.
Parking inside the MCG at Yarra Park will also be open at Gate 5 from 5:30pm, at a flat fee of $10.
If you are driving to AAMI Park, please note that current upgrades to the Swan St Bridge are underway, closing one city bound lane and the footpath on the Rod Laver Arena (north) side until June. Click here for more information.
We’re saying thank you to the City Family!
On Friday night, it’s all about our members! We’re saying thank you to the 13,076 members who supported us throughout every goal, every game and every moment this season.
We will be holding a number of member-only activities at AAMI park, including:
- Twenty-two fans to form a guard of honour on the pitch as the players walk out. Made up of 11 of our longest serving members and the in-form 11 who have attended all of our home matches this season.
- Four lucky members will enjoy a VIP City match day experience, where they will watch our match against Adelaide United from exclusive pitch side seats and see all the action behind the scenes.
- Kuzi’s 5 vs Corey’s 5’ – 10 members will be selected to compete in a massive five-a-side match at half-time against Adelaide, to be coached by City players Steve Kuzmanovski and Corey Gameiro.
- Free football clinics for members at City Square.
- Your chance to win a Nike Merchandise Pack through our ‘text to screen’ competitions on the big screen at AAMI Park.
Members can take advantage of match day discounts at the City Shop, located on the front forecourt of AAMI Park, from 5:30pm, along with our usual merchandise shops located inside the stadium at aisles 4 and 24.
Hyundai A-League – Round 26
Friday 7 April 2017
Melbourne City FC vs Adelaide United
Gates open: 6:50pm.