The Summer of Football continues at AAMI Park when Melbourne City FC take on Western Sydney Wanderers in a blockbuster Hyundai A-League clash on Friday night.
With entertaining pre-match events and prize giveaways, warm up to kick-off against the Wanderers with a range of family-friendly activities.
City membership staff will be available for sales and enquiries outside of Edwin’s Café from 5:30pm. Join the City Family today.
Plan your trip to AAMI Park and see what’s happening this match day at City Square and around the AAMI Park concourse.
Countdown to kick-off with family and friends at the club’s pre-match fan hub, City Square, from 5:30-7:30pm.
The Triple M Rock Patrol will be spinning tunes and handing out special giveaways, while kids can hang out with their favourite City mascots and replicate their A-League and W-League heroes at our community run football clinics.
There will be plenty of food, activities and giveaways to keep you occupied before the big game, so head down to City square and enjoy a relaxing and family-friendly atmosphere in the lead up to an exciting match of football.
Where: Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5:30pm – 7.30pm, Friday, 6 January 2017
- Free Face Painting.
- Triple M Rock Patrol giveaways.
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, inflatables and small-sided games.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.
- Jam with the City Drumline along the East and West staircases at AAMI Park.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park. Trains, trams and buses operate frequently, dropping you right at the door of the stadium.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
Please check the live travel updates page for notification of any service changes that may affect your journey to and from the event.
Click here and plan your journey to AAMI Park today.
Public car parking in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park will be closed throughout the duration of the Australian Open tennis championship.
Parking will be available at the MCG inside Yarra Park and will be open at Gate 5 from 5:30pm, at a cost of $10 per vehicle.
MCG Footbridge Closure
Please note the footbridge connecting the MCG and Rod Laver Arena will be closed from January 6-30 as part of the Australian Open tennis preparations. Details and alternative routes.
City merchandise will be available on match day, where you can purchase our Westfield FFA Cup winners range, Nike 2016/17 Home and Away shirts, official polo, training gear and off-field wear.
Merchandise will be available outside AAMI Park at our match day store on the Olympic Boulevard concourse next to Edwin’s cafe, and inside the stadium next to aisles 3 and 23.
Hyundai A-League – Round 14
Friday, 6 January 2017
Melbourne City FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers
Gates open: 6:50pm