The Melbourne Derby takes centre stage once again on Saturday night as Melbourne City FC hosts Victory at AAMI Park in the annual Christmas Derby.
With entertaining pre-match events, prize giveaways and half-time competitions, warm up to kick-off against Victory with a range of family-friendly activities.
Make sure you get to the stadium early, where some lucky City fans will be treated to a visit from Father Christmas and receive some special giveaways!
See what’s happening this match day at City Square and around the AAMI Park concourse.
Countdown to kick-off with family and friends at the club’s pre-match fan hub, City Square, from 5:00-7:30pm.
Thanks to our good mates at UBET, our 18+ fans will be able to get their ‘Bruno’ on and test their skills on the UBET kicking simulator from 5pm. The first 100 fans to have a go will receive a special Melbourne City supporter’s cap, while the first striker to hit the fixed target will score 10 tickets to our Round 12 clash against Perth Glory on Tuesday 27 December, 2016.
Kids can replicate their A-League and W-League heroes at our community run football clinics and interact with their favourite City mascots, while there will be plenty of food, activities and giveaways to keep you occupied before the big game.
Enjoy a relaxing and family-friendly atmosphere in the lead up to an exciting match of football. City Square commences two hours before every home match.
Where : Gosch’s Paddock (East side of AAMI PARK)
When: 5pm – 7.30pm, Saturday 17 December
- Test your skills on the UBET Kicking Simulator (for fans aged +18 only)
- Free Face Painting
- Triple M Rock Patrol giveaways.
- Food & Ice-cream, more giveaways, free face-painting merchandise, inflatables and small-sided games.
- Pick up your FREE copy of City Insider, the official Match Day Brochure of Melbourne City.
- ‘Awful Referees’ will be patrolling Swan St before the match.
- Jam with the City Drumline along the East and West staircases at AAMI Park.
Getting to AAMI Park
Public transport is the quickest and easiest way to get to AAMI Park. Public Transport Victoria (PTV) will be running additional train, tram and regional train services before and after the match.
- The nearest train station is Richmond Station, which is just a short stroll along Swan Street and Olympic Boulevard to AAMI Park.
- Tram Route 70 (Wattle Park – Waterfront City Docklands) can drop you off across the road from AAMI Park (Stop 7D). Extra trams will be operating as Route 70a between Flinders Street Station and Stop 7D – AAMI Park.
- Bus Route 605 stops out the front of AAMI Park on Swan Street. Route 246 stops at the corner of Punt Road and Swan Street.
*NOTE: There will be a planned shutdown of rail services from the Eastern Suburbs, Cranbourne and Pakenham lines on Saturday. Replacement buses will be in operation on the Cranbourne, Pakenham, Glen Waverley, Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines. Click here for more information.
Public car parking is available in Eastern Plaza (entrance D) of AAMI Park for a pre-paid price of $20, or $30 if you decide to pay on the day. Pre-book to avoid disappointment. Alternate parking spaces will be available at the MCG inside Yarra Park, at a cost of $10 per vehicle, and will be open at Gate 3 from 9am on Match Day.
Cityzens Giving Voting
$650,000. Six causes. You decide.
Don’t forget to cast your vote for our very own ‘I Speak Football’ project and visit our Cityzens Giving voting box inside Gate 2 at AAMI Park.
City merchandise will be available on match day, where you can stock up for the holiday season with our new Christmas range, with all proceeds going to our City in the Community programs.
Visit our new match day store on the Olympic Boulevard concourse next to Edwin’s cafe, and inside the stadium next to aisles 3 and 23 and check out our Westfield FFA Cup winners merchandise range.
Join us at AAMI Park
There is nothing like Derby days in Melbourne! Don’t miss out on the biggest show in town this Saturday at AAMI Park as City and Victory do battle in the annual Christmas Derby. Click here to secure your seat to the Derby or sign up to our Five Match Membership below.
Hyundai A-League – Round 11
Saturday 17 December 2016
Melbourne City FC vs Melbourne Victory
Venue: AAMI Park, Melbourne
Gates open: 6:20pm