Last week, over 100 Melbourne Heart FC students at SEDA celebrated their graduation from the 2013 program in the Victory Room at Etihad Stadium
Last week, over 100 Melbourne Heart FC students at SEDA celebrated their graduation from the 2013 program at Etihad Stadium.
The graduation ceremony recognises the fantastic successes of the Melbourne Heart students by presenting awards to students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement, leadership, endeavour, community involvement and coach of the year in each of the Melbourne Heart programs.
“It is a fantastic day to celebrate the tremendous hard work the students have done throughout the year,” SEDA Founder Chris Reidy said.
The Melbourne Heart Sports Development Program, in partnership with SEDA, offers year 11 and 12 students an engaging curriculum within the football industry.
The program delivers hands-on education that connects the classroom to the real world and assists students in creating pathways into employment or further study for their future.
The Melbourne Heart students have been involved in a number of participation initiatives with assisting with 120 clinics to community groups in 2013.
We would like to congratulate the below students on their fantastic achievements:
Coach of the Year
The criteria for the awards are outlined below:
• Outstanding achievement was awarded to students who demonstrated the highest level of achievement within the program.
• The leadership award was given to students who showed great leadership within their class.
• The endeavour award was awarded to students who worked consistently hard to improve their skills and understanding in all areas of the program.
• Community involvement award was given to students who significantly contributed to the community.
• Coach of the year was awarded to students who demonstrated the highest level of coaching abilities.