Join Australia’s players as they celebrate Mark Viduka’s career, honour their peers and raise funds for flood relief.
Join Australia-s players as they celebrate Mark Viduka-s career, honour their peers and raise funds for flood relief.
Professional Footballers Australia (PFA) and Melbourne Heart would like to invite all Victorian football fans to join the players at their major award night – the PFA Alex Tobin OAM Medal. The night will be held at Crown-s Palladium Ballroom in Melbourne on Monday 14 February.
The Tobin Medal recognises the true legends of Australian football who have demonstrated four key attributes throughout their careers: (1) leadership; (2) achievement as a player; (3) commitment to one-s fellow professionals; and (4) service and dedication to the game.
This year the medal will be awarded to Mark Viduka.
Mark becomes the 4th recipient of the Medal at the Gala evening and follows the late Johnny Warren OAM, Joe Marston and Craig Johnson as those to receive the honour from their peers.
The night will also include:
• The announcement of the PFA A-League Team of the Season;
• The awarding of the Kimon Taliadoros Scholarships to two players who excel in study away from the game;
• The inaugural awarding of the Craig Foster Media scholarship to a recently retired player starting out in the football media;
• A celebration of the contribution Victorians have made to Australian football (including celebrating Victoria-s great clubs); and
• The launch of the Victorian Premier League Season.
Finally, the players have determined that they night will also serve as a fundraiser for flood relief initiatives.
All Australian football fans are welcome to attend the night.
What: PFA Alex Tobin OAM Medal Night
When: Monday 14 February 2011
Where: Crown-s Palladium Ballroom
Tickets: $195 pp ($1950 a table)
Click here to download a booking form or contact the PFA on 03 9287 1888.