City Football School – Terms of Participation – March 2022 via RegisterNow website:
- Melbourne City FC (“the Club”) will take all reasonable steps to safeguard the welfare of all participants in the Melbourne City Football School Program (“the Program”). You understand that there are inherent risks associated with participation in football games and clinics and you fully accept and agree to bear those risks especially in the case where no shin-pads are being used.
- You grant the Program staff permission to take your child to a hospital, administer first aid or call for an ambulance in the event of any illness or injury during participation in the Program. You agree to inform the Club of any injuries or illnesses to your child that we should be aware of prior to participating in the Program.
- You release the Club, its employees and volunteers of the Program from any damage, loss, injury or liability (“Loss”) you or your child may suffer in connection with participating in the Program to the extent permitted by law, and where such Loss is not a direct result of the Club acting in a grossly negligent manner. The Club expressly excludes to the extent permitted by law any liability for Loss to you or your child for acts or omissions of the Club and its employees and volunteers arising out of or in relation to the Program, save for an act or omission of the Club that is grossly negligent.
- You acknowledge that Club staff may take pictures/video of your child’s participation in the Program to be used for Club publicity, promotional and advertising purposes. By accepting these waiver terms, you agree that copyright and all associated rights in these images/video is owned by the Club or its licensors and we may make, reproduce, broadcast, stream, use, sell, license or otherwise deal (on a worldwide basis) in any visual or audio recordings of you or your child in any media, worldwide and for any purpose, without the need for your approval or payment of any compensation.
Cooling off, Refunds and Cancelled Sessions
- Registrations have a cooling off period of 7 days from the time of purchase in which case a refund is permitted.
- As a general policy, outside of the cooling-off period, registrations are non-refundable. Subject always to relevant provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, a refund for registration outside of the cooling off period may only be permitted under exceptional circumstances (such as if your child has a medical condition which prevents them from any further activity) and are at the discretion of the Club.
- You acknowledge that sessions may have to be cancelled, postponed or changed (including at short notice) for reasons outside the Club’s control. These reasons include extreme weather or COVID-19 related restrictions. The Club will not be liable to you for any Loss you suffer as a result of a session, or a part of a session, being cancelled, postponed or changed due to reasons outside of the reasonable control of the Club.
- If, for any reason, your selected sessions are unable to be run (including, but not limited to COVID-19 related restrictions) then: (i) the Club will offer an equivalent make-up session on a different night to the one you originally selected, provided space is available in a make-up sessions during the remainder of the term; (ii) you will be entitled to a pro rata credit for those cancelled sessions to use in a subsequent Melbourne City Football School program (where the credit must be used within 12 months of the original session); or (iii) in the event your child cannot reasonably attend a make-up session or the credit cannot reasonably be used within the 12 month period, the Club may provide you with a refund for the cancelled session.
- Subject at all times to relevant provisions of the Australian Consumer Law, provisions relating to refunds and/or credits do not extend to missed school holiday sessions and are at the discretion of the Club.
- You acknowledge that you will not be provided a make-up session, credit or refund for any sessions that were provided by the Club but that were not attended by you and/or your child.
COVID-19 Restrictions and Procedures
- The Club’s return to play procedures have been modelled on Sport Australia’s and Football Victoria’s various ‘Return To Sport / Training’ guidelines, which collectively provide a framework to assist sporting organisations to conduct activities in a safe, responsible and low risk manner.
- The Club’s operating procedures for the Program will also follow State Government and Sport and Recreation Victoria pandemic and other health directions around community and recreational sport, which may require alteration or suspension of the Program or a particular session on short notice.
- While the actions outlined in the Sport Australia and Football Victoria frameworks can help to mitigate the likelihood of COVID-19 infection and transmission, conducting programs in accordance with those frameworks cannot completely eliminate that threat for participants, who agree to participate at their own risk.
- You acknowledge there are inherent risks in participating in the Program while there are still COVID-19 restrictions in place, and that these procedures are required to comply with regulations and are designed to protect the safety of the players, staff and public, and you will communicate this to your child.
- You and your child agree to abide by the City Football School COVID-19 Return to Training protocols, including any updates that may be made in future and communicated to me, and all reasonable instructions of Melbourne City FC staff.
- You understand that if you do not or your child does not follow the City Football School COVID-19 Return to Training protocols, and reasonable instructions of Melbourne City FC staff, your child may be excluded from the program.
Code of Conduct
- By participating in the City Football Schools’ program, you and your child agree to abide by the City Football School’s Code of Conduct (‘the Code”). You acknowledge that serious or ongoing breaches of the Code are not tolerated and that those who breach the Code (and their child) risk being asked to leave sessions and/or being prohibited from attending future sessions, and/or having their child’s registration in the program terminated.